Toowoon Bay Masters
(People who are in their prime having fun!)
Are you a financial, proficient Bronze Medallion holder, or someone who is interested in attaining their Bronze Medallion so you can be part of Toowoon Bay Surf Life Saving Club?
Have you felt the camaraderie (the spirit of goodwill and fellowship that exists between friends) of being part of Toowoon Bay SLSC and want more?
If you feel the camaraderie and want more why not join the Toowoon Bay Masters ?
Who are the Toowoon Bay Masters?
We are a group of patrolling members ranging from Bronze Medallion holders right through Gold Medallion holders and a previous club President. Our ages range from mid 30’s to mid 70’s with various levels of fitness and ability. We may or may not be the fastest, fittest, strongest, but we all share a common desire to have fun with our mates.
What’s involved in becoming a Master?
All you have to do is contact one of the Masters co-ordinators and then come to our carnivals (but you must be a financial, proficient bronze holder to compete). It can be as casual as you like. Seriously the emphasis is about participation and fun. Seriously casual.
We have non compulsory training days for those that wish to improve their fitness, with sprint training on Thursday nights either on the beach or at Jubilee Oval (contacts below for more information).
What fun things can I be involved in?
The Masters participate in many individual events ranging from 1K and 2k runs, sand sprints, flags, board and tube rescue, swimming, taplin, surf ski events. Events can be individual or team events.
So when does it all start?
You can become involved at any time (you must be a financial, proficient, patrolling bronze holder to compete). Lets all get out and have some FUN!
Guidelines for Masters competitors:
- All competitors must be fully financial for the season.
- All competitors must be up to date qualified Bronze Medallion holders.
- Competitors have to have completed patrol duties of 30 hours minimum to be able to compete in SLSCC, NSW and Australian competition.
- Team selections for beach and water events will be decided after collaboration between the competitors and the Committee.
- Where possible, teams are to stay together for the duration of the season.
- If injury or illness occurs to an athlete, it is appreciated if the Committee is notified before a replacement is provided.
- If injury does occur throughout the season to a competitor and this injury is detriment to the performance of the team at a coming event, it is requested that the team and the Committee are notified at least two weeks before the event.
As mature age competitors, it is to every members’ understanding that competitors have different commitments to work and family etc. However, for team cohesion, we ask all members when possible to contribute in some way to the extra effort needed to stay such a great cohort. Whether this be by training together, competing in carnivals, fundraising, packing and unpacking the trailer and equipment for carnivals, officiating or volunteering at carnivals when needed.