SLSCC 2017/2018 Surf Sports Calendar – 2017-18-NSW-Surf-Sports-Events-2
2017/2018 Season Registration Days
Saturday 09 September 12pm – 3pm
Saturday 16 September 12pm – 3pm
Sports Fest – EDSAC Bateau Bay Saturday and Sunday 23rd and 24th September 9am – 5pm ****
Sunday 8th October 7am – 9am (first day of Nippers) ♦
**** Sports Fest at EDSAC Bateau Bay 460 The Entrance Road, Bateau Bay
**** Registration for new members only
TBSLSC is again excited to be participating in this exciting and innovative programme. Stingray Nippers is a modified nippers programme for children with additional needs which will be run in two 4 week blocks throughout the season (November/December 2017 and February 2018).
Registration day for Stingray Nippers is Sunday 29th October 2017, upstairs in the Hall at Toowoon Bay SLSC from 1pm – 3pm.
To get involved, or for more information, contact Karen Hickmott email@example.com.
We will be running nipper proficiency sessions again at Mingara pool on:
Monday 11 September 7-8.30pm ♦
Wednesday 13 September 7-8.30pm ♦
Wednesday 20th September 7-8.30pm ♦
♦ MUST BE FINANCIAL MEMBERS TO ATTEND PROFICIENCY SESSIONS AND NIPPERS ON THE BEACH
SLSA Junior Evaluations and Education National Guidelines – Proficiency guidelines, please click here
junior-surf-sports-events-explanation – Junior Surf Sports Events
2017-2018 Membership Booklet – All you need to know about Nippers at Toowoon Bay SLSC
* Nippers runs on Sundays from 9am until about 11am by our qualified and friendly age managers in a safe beach environment. Our age managers endeavour to encourage fun, surf awareness, learning of new skills and making lots of new friends.
* Anyone under the age of 14 needs a Parent Associate to join with them.
* Children must be 5 years old at 30 September 2017 to join.
* New members need to bring along proof of age/birth certificate, passport or drivers licence for registrations to be completed.
* Uniforms will be available on the registration days.
* Please feel free to come along and ask about our nipper activities and training, how to become a patrolling member, water safety requirements, Opens and Masters activities and training.
* Junior evaluations (proficiencies) must be completed before Nippers are allowed to enter the water. Competition evaluations must be completed before 31/12/2017. A copy of the National Guidelines is available above.
* We have EFPOS facilities.
* Membership application form for 2017/2018 season here: 1718 Surf Life Saving Membership Form
RETURNING MEMBERS are encouraged to complete their renewal online at https://portal.sls.com.au to https://portal.sls.com.au. Once in the Members Area, your membership information/patrol rosters/award listing is available at your fingertips as well as news from Surf Life Saving and access to the member store. If you have any problems logging on, don’t hesitate to call Jacqui in the office 02 43322411 Monday – Thursday 10am – 3pm or the SLSA IT Help Desk 1300 724 006. If renewing a family, log into Members Portal, click on “My Family” in sub menu bar. To renew family, click on “My Family” again, screen should show family group name and the number of members in the family group. Click on “renew memberships” on right hand side of information bar, check the boxes next to the family members being renewed, check that you agree to the terms and conditions and then press submit. Next screen is the payment screen, click on the blue writing to be taken to the Westpac Payment Gateway. Price list is shown below. Any problems, call Jacqui in the Office 02 43322411
Fees for 2017/2018 season are as follows:
Active Youth 6-7yrs – $75.00
Junior Active 8-13yrs – $95.00
Stingrays – $100.00 (1 adult, 1 child includes t-shirt)
Cadet 13-15yrs – $75.00
Active (15-18yrs) – $75.00
Active (18+) – $75.00
Associate (incl. Parent Associate) – $70.00
Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) – $260.00
Extra family member – $50.00
Registrations for the 2017/18 season are now due and payable.
New Nipper Members *****Please remember to bring your child’s birth certificate.
If you would like more information, have any concerns or you would like to find out how to become an age manager, help out with water safety on Nipper days and/or carnivals, become an Official, board/beach/surf training and competition, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Vice President – Youth Services 2017/2018
Toowoon Bay SLSC