2016/2017 Season Registration Days
SLSA Junior Evaluations and Education National Guidelines – Proficiency guidelines, please click here
2016-2017-membership-booklet-final – 2016-2016 Members Information Booklet, please click here.
junior-surf-sports-events-explanation – Junior Surf Sports Events
- Sunday 11 September 2016 9am – 12pm in the hall upstairs.
- Sunday 18 September 2016 9am – 12pm in the hall upstairs.
- Sunday 9th October 2016 9am – 12pm upstairs in the hall (also first day of Nippers) *
- Sunday 16th October 2016 9am – 12pm upstairs in the hall (also Surf Clubs’ Open Day) *
Proficiencies: We will be running nipper proficiency sessions at Mingara Pool on
- Wednesday 21st September 2016 7pm – 9pm ALL age groups *
- Wednesday 5th October from 7pm – Under 8’s – Under 10’s *
- Wednesday 12th October from 7pm – Under 11’s – Under 14’s *
- Wednesday 19th October from 7pm – Open to all age groups. *
*** MUST BE FINANCIAL MEMBERS TO ATTEND PROFICIENCY SESSIONS AND NIPPERS ON THE BEACH.
Please register your interest in completing your proficiency on above days to Dee Stadelmann firstname.lastname@example.org or Jacqui in the office 02 43322411 so we can work out who is coming on the night please. Please try and make the session allocated for your age group. If you are not able to make any of the sessions at Mingara Pool, proficiencies will be carried out on the beach in the first two weeks of the season.
* Nippers runs on Sundays from 9am until about 11am by our qualified and friendly age managers in a safe beach environment. Our age managers endeavour to encourage fun, surf awareness, learning of new skills and making lots of new friends.
* Anyone under the age of 14 needs a Parent Associate to join with them.
* Children must be 5 years old at 30 September 2016 to join.
* New members need to bring along proof of age/birth certificate, passport or drivers licence for registrations to be completed.
* Uniforms will be available on the registration days.
* Please feel free to come along and ask about our nipper activities and training, how to become a patrolling member, water safety requirements, Opens and Masters activities and training.
* Junior evaluations (proficiencies) must be completed before Nippers are allowed to enter the water. Competition evaluations must be completed before 31/12/2016. A copy of the National Guidelines is available above.
* We have EFPOS facilities.
* Membership application form for 2016/17 season here: Member Application form
RETURNING MEMBERS are encouraged to complete their renewal online at https://portal.sls.com.au to renew and pay online. Once in the Members Portal, your membership information/patrol rosters/award listing is available at your fingertips as well as news from Surf Life Saving and access to the member store. Please find a downloadable copy of the SLSA Members Portal Guide at SLSA Members Portal Account Guide – Getting Started v1.2 and if you have any problems logging on, don’t hesitate to call Jacqui in the office 02 43322411 or the Surfguard IT Help Desk 1300 724 006. If renewing a family, log into Members Portal, proceed to Lifesaving online. Once in Lifesaving Online, click on “My Family” in sub menu bar. In right hand side of page click on “Create Family Group”, add family members. To renew family, click on “My Family” again, screen should show family group name and the number of members in the family group. Click on “renew memberships” on right hand side of information bar, check the boxes next to the family members being renewed, check that you agree to the terms and conditions and then press submit. Next screen is the payment screen, click on the blue writing to be taken to the Westpac Payment Gateway. Price list is shown below. Any problems, call Jacqui in the Office 02 43322411
Fees for 2016/2017 season are as follows:
Active Youth 6-7yrs – $65.00
Junior Active 8-13yrs – $85.00
Cadet 13-15yrs – $65.00
Active (15-18yrs) – $65.00
Active (18+) – $65.00
Associate (incl. Parent Associate) – $60.00
Family (2 adults and up to 3 children) – $250.00
Extra family member – $40.00
Registrations for the 2016/17 season are now due and payable.
New Nipper Members *****Please remember to bring your child’s birth certificate.
If you would like more information, have any concerns or you would like to find out how to become an age manager, help out with water safety on Nipper days and/or carnivals, become an Official, board/beach/surf training and competition, please don’t hesitate to contact me.
Vice President – Youth Services
Toowoon Bay SLSC
2016 SLSCC Club of the Year