COVID-19 Please refer to the NSW Government COVID Site – nsw.gov.au/covid-19 for up to date information.
When not to attend SLS Activities – COVID-19:
- Have any symptoms (ie fever, sore/scratchy throat, shortness of breath or loss of taste/smell)
- Have been in close con)tact with someone who has tested positive for COVID-19
- Have tested positive for COVID-19, please wait until you have been given medical clearance to attend again.
- Have travelled overseas, to Victoria or to an area of increased testing (hotspot – and refer to the NSW Government COVID 19 site) in the 14 days prior to any of your training/sls activities.
Please also consider downloading the Federal Governments COVIDSafe App. The app speeds up contacting people exposed to COVID-19, helping support and protect you, your family and your friends.
RENEW YOUR MEMBERSHIP FOR THE UPCOMING SEASON and/or complete skills maintenance in Resuscitation, Radio, IRB Crew etc in your Members Area Account – https://members.sls.com.au
and for further instructions click here – SLSA Members Portal Online Requalification’s – how to guide as at 22-8-2018
How to request a substitute instructions, click here – PATROL SUBSTITUTIONS IN MEMBERS AREA
- If you cannot make your patrol dates
- YOU MUST CONTACT YOUR PATROL CAPTAIN AND ADVISE THAT YOU ARE NOT AVAILABLE FOR PATROL.
- Find a replacement for your rostered patrol either by
- Substitution via Members Area (please refer to: PATROL SUBSTITUTIONS IN MEMBERS AREA)
- Personally contacting and swap with another Patrolling Member
- Request an email be sent to patrolling members for a replacement/swap of patrol’s – Request for email can be sent to Simon Hicks – firstname.lastname@example.org or Jacqui (email@example.com) early in the week before patrol weekend
- Notify your Patrol Captain of who will be replacing you!
SLSNSW MINIMUM PATROL REQUIREMENTS
- As per the SLSNSW Standard Operating Procedures, a volunteer SLS patrol must consist of the following MINIMUM personnel:
- 3 x Bronze (Cert II) qualified members (proficient).
The following proficient qualifications/awards must be held by the collective patrol members on any patrol day:
- 1 x Silver Medallion IRB Driver (proficient)*
- 1 x IRB Crew (proficient)*
- 1 x ARTC (proficient)*
- 1 x Silver Medallion Beach Management *
- * These awards may be shared between the three patrolling members on patrol.
- The minimum patrol requirements will need to be followed when configuring patrol rosters for the 2019\2020 season.
- Clubs/Branches may set further requirements on top of the SLSNSW minimum patrol requirements.
- Uniform: Patrolling lifesavers should be professional and neat in appearance, as to present the best possible image to the community and be easily identifiable as an on-duty lifesaver.
- SLSA yellow long sleeved patrol shirt
- SLSA red patrol shorts
- Red and yellow quartered cap
- SLSA red patrol peaked-cap or wide-brim hat
- If wearing a jacket on patrol, a red/yellow jacket which meets SLSA brand guidelines shall be worn. (These can be ordered through Jacqui in the office)